The Manager, Estimating is an integral role within the organization and is responsible for coordinating the entire bid process to ensure the successful awarding of contracts. This role requires an individual with strong technical skills who is able to think methodically and maintain an overview of the entire scope of the bid process while focusing on the day-to-day needs of the department. The individual will have the ability to guide a team effectively and to lead in a role that is deadline oriented. Key to this role is the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with sub-contractors,vendors and internal teams. The successful candidate will join the Management Team.
- Job Duties – the essential elements of this role include:
- Manage the work flow and provide direction and input as needed to ensure a complete quotation is prepared and submitted on time for multiple multi-million dollar ICI projects.
- Lead a diverse team of estimators through the entire bid process; mentor junior team members and provide guidance and direction to veteran estimators.
- Respond to questions and provide direction on preparing RFI’s; detailed take-offs and finalizing estimates in a deadline-oriented setting.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with sub-contractors and vendors to ensure adequate coverage during the bid process.
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness to negotiate favourable pricing from subcontractors and to secure additional bids.
- Demonstrate a collaborative and inclusive work style with all departments across the organization.
- Attend project launch meetings to review drawings, interpret bid requirements and highlight areas of risk.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Requirements -the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job successfully.
- 8-10 years of senior level estimating experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the entire bid process with the ability to read and interpret large scale project drawings and bid specifications
- Knowledge of construction industry standards and codes.
- Team leadership, development and performance management experience required.
- Strong communication, organizational and technical skills with the ability to interact with a diverse team of contributors