Senior Estimator - Construction - Division 1-14
The Senior Estimator with specific Division 1-14 experience is an integral role within the organization and is responsible for guiding a team of Estimators through the entire bid process to ensure the successful awarding of contracts. Members of the team will look to you for direction while you manage multiple complex bids. Key to your success is your ability to lead and develop an estimating team; build and maintain strong relationships with sub-contractors, vendors and internal teams and have the ability to maintain an overview of the entire scope of the bid process while focusing on the day-to-day needs of the department.
- Lead a diverse team of estimators through the entire bid process; mentor junior estimators and give guidance and direction to veteran estimators.
- Manage the work flow and provide direction to ensure a complete quotation is assembled and submitted on time for multiple multi-million dollar ICI projects including design-build, hard-bid and construction management.
- Respond to questions and provide direction on preparing prequalification submissions, RFI’s; RFQ’s, etc.
- Attend project launch meetings to review drawings, interpret bid requirements and highlight areas of risk.
- Prepare detailed take-offs and finalizing estimates in a deadline-oriented setting.
- Coordinate the delivery of bid documents to Purchasing, Project Management and Legal Services highlighting areas of risk within the final estimate.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with sub-contractors and vendors to ensure adequate coverage during the bid process.
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness to negotiate favourable pricing from subcontractors and to secure additional bids.
- Demonstrate a collaborative and inclusive work style with all departments across the organization.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 8-10 years of senior level estimating experience with a related construction degree/diploma or equivalent technical training and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the entire bid process with the ability to read and interpret large scale project drawings and bid specifications for $20M+ ICI projects.
- Knowledge of construction industry standards and codes.
- Team leadership, development and performance management experience required.
- Strong communication, organizational and technical skills with the ability to interact with a diverse team of contributors.
- Excellent organizational & communication skills.