We are looking for an enthusiastic team member to join our Management Team. The Chief Estimator will be responsible for directing a team in a collaborative setting within a fast-paced environment. Our team is focused on growth and our selection of projects reflects the quality and reputation of the work we are recognized for. Working in our corporate office this individual is responsible for preparation of proposals and the entire bid process for projects that are significant in cost and complexity. The successful candidate will have 10+ years of experience in the ICI mechanical contracting sector and demonstrated leadership and vision to lead this key function within our organization.
- Direct and manage the activities of the estimating team including performance management, training and development, mentoring and compensation management.
- Lead the bid process and execute appropriate bid strategy based on the company’s overall strategic vision.
- Knowledge and experience with a full range of projects including Design Build, Lump Sum and Construction Management.
- Oversee the entire preparation of estimates and approval final estimates prior to submission.
- Recommend/reject proposals.
- Establish unit costs, labour rates, productivity factors and location impacts.
- Evaluate and recommend allowances for indirect costs, design unknowns, escalation and contingency.
- Responsible for assessing company risk and opportunity evaluation with clients;
- Lead the presentation to management and clients;
- Recognized as the subject matter expert
- Develop and maintain supplier, contractor and sub-contractor relationships;
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to guide and mentor a diverse group of contributors.
- Excellent organization skills, team building and coaching as a leader and team member.
- Recognized for effective communication, persuasion, negotiation skills and the ability to excel under pressure.
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- Strong Mathematical skills and analytical skills.
- Ability to use cost-estimating software to prepare cost quotes and bids.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, etc.)
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in construction/engineering degree, or an appropriate field. A combination of education and work experience will be considered