Lean Design + Construction
Onsite performance is Kelson’s core strength. Nobody builds mechanical systems better than we do. The pursuit of excellence and innovation is hard-wired into our culture, which explains why lean design principles have become central to our business. We systematically look for and eliminate waste and inefficiency. No excuses.
There are many direct benefits for our clients, including:
- Process Improvement As a Design-Build-Maintain provider, we are able to leverage lean principles throughout the entire building lifecycle. We’re always alert to ways of refining our processes for greater efficiency and clarity.
- Efficient Use of Materials We minimize waste in many ways. Selection and design of innovative mechanical systems reduces the raw materials required. Prefabrication and modular construction eliminate redundant support systems and improve project coordination. Virtual construction ensures systems are integrated and mitigates against rework and waste on the job site. State-of-the-art fabrication facilities greatly reduce scrap and waste, along with associated energy, labour, and operational costs.
- Integrated Schedules Sophisticated scheduling technology allows us to plan, track, and communicate our progress on each project. Using lean tools we optimize the schedule and then help the entire team meet their commitments to clients.
- Productive Workforce We invest heavily in employee training to keep pace with changes in technology and methodology. Prefabrication and modular construction increase quality, safety, and productivity, while our scheduling techniques allow us to retain talented employees across work cycles.
- Cost Savings All the above benefits culminate in significant cost reductions, not only for Kelson but also for our project team members and ultimately the owner.
Manufactured + Modular Construction
We can build mechanical systems faster than any of our competitors. Prefabrication is the reason. Manufactured and modular solutions are at the heart of our construction approach and design strategy.
We’ve traveled the globe in search of the best and most challenging implementations because we believe that installing bigger, more complete mechanical components benefits our clients. And centralizing most of the required labour in an offsite manufacturing facility increases productivity, quality, and safety and decreases project duration.
In our markets, no other mechanical contractor does fabrication and modularization at our scale and depth. That’s a very powerful advantage, not just for us, but for the construction teams, owners, and financers we work with.
- Expedited Design and Build Process
- Simultaneous Site and Building Work
- Superior Quality Control
- Minimal Site Disruption
- Cost Effectiveness
- Less Material Waste
- Reduced Energy Consumption