Completion: November 01, 2004
The new centre of operations for the Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) is a five-storey structure overlooking Bayview Avenue in midtown Toronto. The 204,000-square-foot CNIB Centre is widely acknowledged as a groundbreaking model of universal design and is meant to be experienced and appreciated with all the senses.
Kelson provided the following systems and services:
- Bring in new storm, sanitary, and water services to the site
- Heat the exterior ramp down to the underground parking level using plastic tubing feed with glycol
- Heat and cool each floor by ductwork with variable air volume containing a reheat coil
- Install intricate drainage systems for varying roof levels
- Install a complex diesel fuel storage system compliant with TSSA requirements
- Commission all equipment to ensure proper functioning
Kelson acted as the general mechanical contractor on this project, and we worked with the owner in the successful completion of all quality control and validation protocols.