An exciting opportunity to join our Commissioning Team -- the Commissioning Technician is a key position and supports a wide range of projects across the GTA and surrounding area. The main focus of this role is ensuring that all piping and equipment, as outlined in the project specification, has been installed properly and operates as intended as a complete system. This role requires an individual with strong technical skills who is able to think methodically and maintain an overview of the entire scope of the project.
- Develop and perform all functional testing procedures for all systems installed on a project
- Consult diagrams, technical documents, schematics, manuals, standards and codes.
- Compile all test results in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines and project scope and prepare appropriate documentation.
- Develop deficiency list and coordinate completion of outstanding items.
- Review and analyze data and prepare technical reports.
- Chair commissioning meetings and taking minutes of the meeting.
- Oversee and coordinate air and hydronic balancing.
- Manage external control vendor programming team
- Complete all written documentation required to document process completion.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Completion of an Industrial Instrumentation Technology program and/or any Red Seal Trade.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a multi projectconstruction environment -
- In-depth knowledge of control systems and hydronic principals.
- Ability to read and interpret large scale project drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of construction industry standards.
- Familiarity with the P3 construction model.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse team of contributors.