The Junior/Intermediate Estimator position is an all-encompassing role which provides the foundation for a career in Estimating. You will be engaged in all aspects of the bid process working alongside the Estimating Team preparing detailed estimates on a variety of ICI projects.
- Work independently and with other estimators to prepare accurate and detailed estimates.
- Read project specifications and contract documents.
- Assist with and prepare the full on-screen quantity take-off of all labour, equipment and materials as per project specifications using AutoBid Mechanical software.
- Receive, review and enter sub trade and supplier pricing in a detailed and organized manner using SmartBid software.
- Use SmartBid software to post sub trade and supplier bid invitations.
- Prepare bid package for transfer to Purchasing upon job award.
- Prepare detailed billing breakdowns on successful projects.
- Attend tender site meetings, deliver tenders and;
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with reading and interpreting large scale project drawings and bid specifications.
- Knowledge of construction industry standards and codes.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal and organization skills and a high level of accuracy.
- Proficient user of MS Office and other software programs.