IT Systems Technician
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member with strong technical knowledge in all aspects of IT Systems to play an important role in the progression of the technical strategy for the company. This individual will lead the maintenance of the computing environment by providing onsite hardware and software system support, identifying system improvements, installing and configuring systems, monitoring system performance and liaising with all employees, 3rd party service providers and vendors.
- Provide day-to-day administration, support and maintenance of IT Systems on various platforms including desktops, laptops and servers, handheld devices, printers, peripherals and software applications.
- Manage and support all software & hardware installations, upgrades, patches and trouble-shooting.
- Provide end-user support to on-site and project site based employees across the company.
- Develop a system to log, track & resolve all IT incidents in a timely-manner.
- Coordinate with various external and/or 3rd party support providers for the successful diagnosis and resolution of issues as required.
- Develop and maintain an IT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan.
- Lead IT Projects with the view of continuous improvement through analysis, discussion, evaluation and roll-out of new solutions.
- Ensure the company remains current with technological advances.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and appropriate training to ensure system utilization is appropriate for current and future business needs.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years’ experience managing a network infrastructure in a multi-site environment;
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field or equivalent training/experience, strong technical experience;
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem solving abilities in a fast-paced environment;
- Self-directed and able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines;
- Attention to detail and strong follow-up skills;
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to translate technical terms to common language for the end-user;
- Strong communication skills; written, verbal and documentation skills;
- Able to work well independently as well as a collaborative member of a team;
- Knowledge of SQL (ability to create custom views on all of our software);
- Knowledge of VBA (ability to create macros in Microsoft Office products);
- General hardware infrastructure knowledge; e.g. servers, access points, switches, etc.