Junior Project Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with leadership qualities who will be instrumental in the success and achievements of Kelson over the long term. This role has significant potential growth for development and is a gateway to substantial career path opportunities. Reporting directly to a Senior Project Manager, this individual will be responsible for a diverse team of contributors in a team-base environment. As a Junior Project Manager you will assist in some of our more complex projects located across Ontario.
- Assisting in the entire construction project in accordance with the design specifications, project plans and schedules.
- Managing all components of the role some of which include: project performance, schedules, budget, labour, equipment, materials and safety.
- Represent and liaise with clients, owners, consultants, 3rd party service contractors, on-site team members, and management.
- Analyzing, interpreting and advising on all documentation, drawings, design specifications, client and sub-trade meetings.
- Coordinating, reviewing and managing monthly billings and contract changes.
- Provide leadership to a diverse team including coaching and managing performance; implementing and adherence of corporate policies and procedures, driving innovation and leading by example.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Mechanical Engineering/Construction degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- Strong project management skills including organizational, documentation and demonstrated success in technology based environment.
- Self-directed and proactive with a bias for action. A decision-maker who holds the relationship with the client.
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong computer skills including project management software, the Microsoft Office suite of products and in-house systems.