Eastern Ontario Mechanical Project Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic leader, with a strong background in the ICI market, who will be instrumental in the growth and achievements of Kelson over the long term. Reporting directly to a Construction Manager, this individual will be responsible for leading a diverse team of contributors in a team-based environment. As a Project Manager you will lead some of our more complex projects located across the Eastern Ontario Region.
- Directing the entire construction project in accordance with the design specifications, project plans and schedules.
- Managing all components of the role some of which include: project performance, schedules, budget, labour, equipment, materials and safety.
- Represent and liaise with clients, owners, consultants, 3rd party service contractors, on-site team members, and management.
- Analyzing, interpreting and advising on all documentation, drawings, design specifications, client and sub-trade meetings.
- Coordinating, reviewing and managing monthly billings and contract changes.
- Provide leadership to a diverse team including coaching and managing performance; implementing and adherence of corporate policies and procedures, driving innovation and leading by example.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Mechanical Engineering/Construction degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Mechanical Construction.
- Significant knowledge of relevant construction industry laws and building codes.
- Strong project management skills including organizational, documentation and demonstrated success in a technology based environment.
- Self-directed and proactive with a bias for action. A decision-maker who holds the relationship with the client.
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong computer skills including project management software, the Microsoft Office suite of products and in-house systems.