Queen Richmond Centre West
Completion: December 01, 2015
Size: 357400 sq. ft.
The Queen Richmond Centre West is a complex and interesting project that combines renovation, new construction, and a unique architectural design. It consists of two existing heritage buildings and a dramatic new building to be constructed beside and on top of the heritage structures. The new building features a 6-storey atrium showcasing dramatic steel delta frames that support the mass of an 11-storey tower.
Kelson will provide all mechanical services for the project, including plumbing, heating, HVAC, fire protection, and controls:
- Construct four mechanical rooms, two in the basement, one on level 7, and one on the penthouse level
- Hoist and place chiller, cooling tower, 13 pumps, heat exchangers, 5 boilers and an air handling unit in penthouse mechanical room
- Provide perimeter heating using radiant ceiling panels
- Install new glycol heating system
- Install new domestic water system and new drainage system
- Demolish existing mechanical services in the two existing heritage buildings and install new systems, then connect them to the mechanical systems in the new building
- Work with sub-contractors to provide associated piping and sheet metal insulation, ventilation ductwork, sprinklers, fire stopping, and controls requirements
Queen Richmond Centre building won Schreyer award as an Extraordinary Toronto Tower for 2015.
QRC West - 2017 Design Excellence Award from the Ontario Association of Architects (OAA).
Nominated for the OAA People’s Choice Awards April 2017.
The project received an award for the unique design.