Canon Canada New Head Office Headquarters
Completion: October 26, 2016
Size: 190000 sq. ft.
Canon’s new corporate headquarters in Brampton will be a 190,000-square-foot facility on five levels. The building features an underground parking level, showrooms, Imaging Systems Group labs and training rooms, a machine shop, and open offices spaces on the top three floors. The facility will also boast a full-service cafeteria, fitness center, bike racks, terraces, and 500 parking spaces.
Kelson is contributing a range of mechanical infrastructure to this project:
- A conventional domestic cold/hot water and plumbing system, including a cistern/grey water distribution system to serve irrigation and toilets
- A heating water system (three condensing natural gas fired boilers) and a chilled water distribution system (two centrifugal chillers and induced draft cooling tower) for temperature control
- A complete ventilation system
- A natural gas system for heating/domestic hot water and kitchen equipment
- A fuel oil fill station for the building generator
- A radiant floor heating system for the parking level ramp, loading dock, and café/reception areas
- Mechanical wiring for the building automation system