Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre
Completion: October 01, 2007
Total Construction Value: $160,000,000
Size: 400000 sq. ft.
The Royal Ottawa Hospital project was the first public-private partnership hospital completed in Ontario. The construction of the new Royal Ottawa Hospital and the Ottawa Institute of Mental Health Research included the development of a 188-bed hospital and a research institute, all within a 400,000-square-foot facility. Work began in January 2006 and was completed in October 2007, six weeks ahead of schedule and within budget.
As part of The Healthcare Infrastructure Company of Canada consortium, Kelson was responsible for the mechanical design and construction of the new facility, including the following services and systems:
- HVAC system, including a centralized hot water, steam, and cooling plant as well as sixteen custom built air handling units
- HVAC building automation system
- New storm, sanitary, and laboratory drainage as well as the complete domestic water distribution to over 700 plumbing fixtures
- Sprinkler and fire stand pipe system
- Full system commissioning